Health and Safety is of paramount importance to the Axiom Group.
• Axiom is certified to the industry respected Achilles Building Confidence (Level 5) and Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP), which gives main contractors the confidence that the Group is compliant with all key aspects of health and safety law. Copies of our certificates are available upon request.
• Our Project Managers have responsibility for Health and Safety on site and have all successfully obtained the IOSH Working Safely in Construction qualification – one of the most highly regarded qualifications within the construction industry.
• Our Site Supervisors have all successfully completed the SMSTS four day training
• The Axiom Group employs our own qualified PAT testing engineer and own state-of-the-art testing equipment. This investment helps us to keep optimal control over portable equipment used by our fitting teams on site on major projects.
• Our Continual Improvement activity of site safety practices include,
– Improvements in the type of knives
– Use of cut resistant gloves
– Use of straight edge protectors
– Pre-cutting of flooring where possible
– Use of lower hazard materials and low volatile glues and adhesives
All floor layers used on our projects have appropriate CSCS cards indicating their own health and safety awareness and fitting skills.
To enhance and more formally indicate their true floor laying skills, all of our subcontract fitters are included on an approved HVQ Level 2 qualification scheme.
Axiom employs a part time independent Health and Safety Manager who can be contacted at the Ampthill office.
Our Health and Safety Policy will soon be available as a download.