Total commitment to Environment friendly systems
Axiom’s total commitment to improvement means we lead the industry in terms of our Environment Systems. We were the first flooring contractor to have an EMS certified to ISO 14001:2004 and group wide certification as a controlled waste carrier.
We actively promote manufacturers who develop more sustainable manufacturing methods and produce products made using more recyclable or actually recycled materials.
Making a difference to sustainable flooring by…
- Purchasing materials and adhesives from World Class suppliers with committed environmental conscience and ideals whenever possible or feasible
- Actively seeking to use on environmentally friendly, biodegradable and non-toxic products – Axiom does not use products containing CFCs.
- Liaising with key industrial bodies such as the GuT and Building Research establishment to ensure that we are up-to-date with the legislative trends throughout Europe and the World
- Working actively with Nora to recycle rubber flooring products
- Working with the CFA on initiatives to recycle carpet tiles into road surfaces
- Minimising packaging or using that which is recyclable or biodegradable
- Seeking to develop non-paper based methods of communication and recycling all waste paper used in the administration offices of the Axiom Group
- Ongoing training of our employees to have awareness and commitment to our environmental policy